Works closely with the GM EGFCO Management team in providing strategic leadership to the Supply Chain function comprising of Demand & Supply Planning, Warehousing, Logistics, Production, HSE, Quality Control & Delivery Planning
- Works towards effective integration of all activities beginning from Demand Planning upto Delivery through establishing a robust mechanism supported by clearly outlined policies and procedures.
- Contributes towards improving customer experience by committing towards maintaining quality and distribution standards; continously strives to implement improvement initiatives.
- Achieves healthy inventory levels; reduces dead stock levels by efficienty managing the demand planning and production process.
- Leads conscious `Buy or Make’ decision making through analysis of cost, production schedule and production capacity.
- Works closely with the finance team to highlight performing and non-performing assets / production lines through intepretation of financial data; Provides recommendations for capitalising on opportunities and resolving situations that could be detrimental to the company’s growth.
- Ensures the function is well equipped in areas of infrastructure, technology and talent to be able to achieve its objectives.
- Ensures optimum utilisation of manpower and assets (machines, yards, vehicles, etc.) through stringent planning, control and implementation measures.
- Leads the selection of new machinery to ensure that new procurements will be not only cost effective but would add real value to the production process.
- Recommends and implements measures to boost operational efficiency which includes bringing in technological innovation, process re-engineering initiatives, resource planning, etc.
- Provides support for new product introduction by providing effective leadership to team.
- Ensures integrity of business data through implementation of effective control check points and periodic audits.
- Build strong and mutually beneficial relationships with Principals through regular communication and exchange of ideas.
- In line with approved Delegation of Authority matrix, approves budgets and controls the same through an effective monitoring and control mechanism.
- Works closely with internal and external legal experts to ensures compliance to certification, legal and statutory requirements.
- In conjunction with internal and external experts, ensures risks are identified and mitigated.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- 15 – 20 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing industry preferably in a similar industry.
- Should have strong project management experience with experience in leading change management initiatives.
- Qualification in lean manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Excellent scheduling skills with a proven track record of implementing resource optimization initiatives.
- Technical expert with ability to guide the production – planning – procurement teams on complex technical issues.
- Strong leadership & influencing personality with effective communication skills.
- Egyptian with a very good to Excellent English communication.