Philmac offers an extensive range of high quality pipe fittings that are suitable for use with a wide variety of pipe materials in both low and high pressure environments.
Philmac Safelok® Metric compression fittings are the fitting of choice for industrial applications, with its blueline PE pipe carrying media with chemical, compressed air or dirty water. While the Metric compression range has been designed for industrial applications but works equally well in any application where blue-line PE pipe is used in sizes up to 110mm, including irrigation and civil applications.
Properties & applications
Philmac offers an extensive range of high quality thermoplastic compression fittings for use with a wide variety of pipe materials in both high and low pressure applications. Connections are provided for CTS, IPS OD and SIDR HDPE pipe materials and in addition with the UTC fitting connections can be made to metal and PVC pipes.
Made from advanced thermoplastic materials: Phimac Safelok® is manufactured from lightweight, high performance thermoplastic materials with outstanding impact, chemical, corrosion and UV resistant.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
Fast and easy installation
- Slide & Tighten: No pipe preparation is needed and no force is required to push the pipe past the seal, so installation couldn’t be faster or easier. Simply insert the pipe into the fitting until the first point of resistance is felt and then tighten the nut until it butts against the flange of the fitting body. This means that even making a 110mm joint pipe hanging from the tunnel roof becomes a one man job.
- Visual Stop: The flange on the body of the Safelok® fitting provides a visual stop to indicate when the nut is fully tightened. This removes any uncertainty from the installation process.
- No loose components: Although dis-assembly of the fitting is not required for installation, if the nut is removed there is no danger of losing components as they are all retained within the nut. Losing components in the dark becomes a thing of the past.
- Chemical Resistance: Standard compression fittings are supplied with nitrile seals which fail when they come into contact with acids. Safelok® fittings are supplied with EPDM seals which means that the fittings can withstand a wide range of chemicals without having to switch components.
- Designed to minimise pipe twist: The fitting has been designed to minimise pipe twist as the nut is tightened. Maximum pipe twist is approximately three quarters of a turn compared to one and a half turns with many other fittings. Pipe twist can impact on not only the connection you have just made but also on the connection at the other end of the line